Two teenagers have been arrested after a 14-year-old boy was assaulted in the Westcroft area of Milton Keynes on Thursday (07/09).

On Sunday (9/9), two boys aged 14 and 15 were arrested in connection with this incident on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm. They have been released under investigation.

The arrests follow an incident that happened at around 4pm on the night in question near Nuneham Grove, Westcroft, when the victim was assaulted by two others and some of his clothes were taken.

Police are continuing their appeal for witnesses. Investigating officer PC Steven King said the police were interested in a video of the incident that has been uploaded to social media, and urged people to refrain from making further malicious comments about the incident.

He said, “We were aware of a video circulating on social media connected to this incident. It showed an injured teenage boy who had had his clothes taken from him and who had been assaulted. 

“We want to thank the members of the public who have already come forward to report this incident. Obviously it is very upsetting for the victim, his family and his friends to know that this video is still out there and for their sake we would ask that people of all ages do not share it. There have also been a lot of malicious comments made towards the persons involved in this incident and we are asking people to refrain from making any further due to the upset it is causing the victim and his family.”

People who witnessed the assault or have information about it are urged to call the investigation team via 101, quoting URN 469 9/9.

Read more from Charles Crook