MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon split the points after a 1-1 draw at stadium mk.

Joe Pigott slotted AFC Wimbledon in front, but within four minutes, Scott Fraser turned in an equaliser for MK Dons.

While MK Dons had a lot of possession, and AFC Wimbledon did create a few decent second half chances, neither side ultimately had the tools at hand to force a winner, leading to stalemate in the clash of the two rivals.

Buoyed by a midweek victory over Wigan, Russell Martin named the same starting 11, with the returning David Kasumu and Carlton Morris having to be content with a spot on the bench.

While fans remain absent from stadiums and took away some of the tension that usually accompanies rival matches, the two teams were still looking to grab points for the grudge match between the two post-Wimbledon FC teams.

The home team nearly made a tremendous start as Cameron Jerome got the ball in the back of the net inside the opening 40 seconds, only to be flagged offside before he could shoot.

While MK Dons had a lot of early possession, it was AFC Wimbledon who scored first. A long ball by away full-back Daniel Csoka lead to a chase between Pigott and Warren O’Hora which the away striker won. He got away from O’Hora, rounded Andy Fisher and rolled it in.

But four minutes later, the hosts had an equaliser. After an initial attack broke down, good set-up play released Jerome, who was able to get into the penalty area before cutting back for Fraser to slide in and equalise, and in the process grab his first MK goal from open play.

AFC Wimbledon were lively at first to try and restore their advantage but were mainly limited to shots from outside the box, with Alex Woodyard having a try deflected yard and a long-range free-kick by Alex Hartigan going straight into Fisher’s arms.

MK Dons were enjoying a lot of possession domination, but were struggling to turn that into concrete chances as the away side contained the ball.

It all added up to the sense of stalemate at the break, as while each side was capable of producing positive individual moments, neither was able to create much in the way of shots on target as the game entered the break.

The visitors forced a great opportunity with minutes of the restart, and Fisher had to pull off an important save to stop Steve Seddon after the Birmingham loanee was picked out by Piggott’s cross.

As per the first half, the general pattern of play saw MK Dons have a lot of the ball but as was also the case in the opening half, it wasn’t leading to much in the way of concrete chances.

Martin brought on Carlton Morris, who was back after missing the midweek game with Wigan, but the home side were still struggling to break AFC Wimbledon down.

There was a momentary flurry of chances, as Jordan Houghton had a shot blocked before Sorinola dragged one wide, while an impressive work couldn’t find a finisher on the end of Regan Poole’s cross.

AFC Wimbledon then had a superb chance of their own, as Shane McLoughlin’s cross found Piggott, who saw a header well saved by Fisher. For good measure, Piggott then saw another curler denied by the Dons goalkeeper.

Jerome and O’Hora would put chances off targets at corners in response, with Jerome later doing so at another corner as the Dons continued to struggle to create as much as they would like.

This trend would continue right through to the end, ultimately seeing the game end all square.

MK Dons: Fisher – O’Hora, Keogh, Lewington – Poole, Fraser, Houghton, Sorensen (Gladwin 75), Sorinola (Harvie 80) – Jerome, Walker (Morris 61)

Subs: Nicholls, Williams, Kasumu, Mason

Goal: Fraser (13)

Booked: Sorinola

AFC Wimbledon: Trueman – Kalambayi, Thomas, Csoka – McLoughlin, Woodyard, Hartigan, Seddon – Rudoni (Chislett 69), Piggott, Reilly

Subs: Tzanev, Nightingale, Alexander, Palmer, Guiness-Walker, Longman

Goal: Piggott (10)

Booked: Reilly