Luton Town drew 2-2 with Blackburn Rovers courtesy of a 98th minute Luke Berry equaliser.

Blackburn had moved 2-0 up courtesy of quickfire goals in the first half by Tyrhys Dolan and Harry Pickering at Ewood Park.

A Hatters team missing several first team players through injury had pulled a goal back through Berry’s first goal of the day, before forcing home the dramatic late equaliser in time added on to stoppage time after match referee Oliver Langford was injured.

The draw sees Luton register back-to-back draws in the league, having played out a 0-0 draw with Sheffield United in their last game before the international break.

Luton’s plans weren’t helped when striker Admiral Muskwe suffered an injury in the build-up, and further depletion followed when a rough challenge by Darragh Lenihan inside the opening 10 minutes saw midfielder Allan Campbell stretchered off. Lenihan would see a yellow card, though many connected with Luton felt he should’ve been dismissed instead.

Blackburn took the lead after 26 minutes. A Ryan Nyambe cross found its way to Dolan via two deflections, before the home side’s teenage player fired past Simon Sluga.

Five minutes later, Ben Brereton-Diaz played a through pass for Pickering, who struck a low shot past Sluga for 2-0.

Luton would have a few half-chances before a further blow after losing Dan Potts at half-time to injury, and their luckless afternoon continued when Cameron Jerome was penalised for a foul when he turned the ball over the line moments after Kal Naismith’s initial effort had been blocked on the line.

Blackburn nearly responded with a third goal, as Brereton-Diaz saw a strike bounce off the post and clear.

Luton began to show signs of life when substitute Berry fired a strike wide before Jerome had a shot saved by Thomas Kaminski.

Berry then scored to bring Luton back to within one, with the midfielder turning in Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu’s cross via a deflection.

Blackburn could’ve managed a third goal to end Luton’s hopes of an equaliser. Nyambe had a shot saved by Sluga, before a double blockade saw Sluga deny Brereton-Diaz and Sam Gallagher have a rebound blocked on the line.

By this point, referee Langford had left the field injured, and at the end of 3 extra minutes played to make up for that, Luton had their equaliser. A Jerome knockdown was picked up by Berry, who forced the ball beyond Kaminski to equalise.